Monday, December 28, 2009
Happy New Year to all! Hard to believe it is already 2010 when it seem like we just celebrated the year 2000! Here are some cookies I made for my step-daughter's new year's eve party. I made numbers 2010 and large and small party hats and some stars.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Wanted to share some of my Christmas decorations with you. I try to do something different every year and use some everyday things to decorate with. I have some wonderful old vintage earrings and found this beautiful gold deer so I hung the earrings from the antlers. Surrounded are some perfume bottles, a great old deco rhinestone pin and under the glass cloche some more jewelry.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
I couldn't leave these two photos out!
Another great photo of the Chinese dog at the Peninsula Hotel
View of the Water Tower Place mall taken across the street through the window of the old Water Tower pumping station. This is the only building that survived the Chicago fire.
Almost like being there! Here are some of my favorite photos from my day from BOTTOM to TOP:
1. Betsey Johnson Boutique at Water Tower Place - cute pink dress!
2. Chinese dog all dressed up for Christmas - Peninsula Hotel
3. Saks Fifth Avenue on Michigan Avenue
4. State Street in Chicago - Marina Towers and the Chicago marquee in the background
5. Macy's (formerly Marshall Fields) Christmas window, a Chicago tradition
6. Beautiful chandelier at Macy's. Lots of decorations were preserved after Macy's bought the Marshall Field's store.
7. The Walnut Room at Macy's a Chicago tradition to have lunch beneath the beautiful tree. An old tradition from Marshall Field's that Macy's retained.
8. Beautiful window grille and lights on a building on State Street
9. State Street and Macy's at dark. The big clocks are located on each corner and a wonderful old tradition in Chicago. "Meet under the clock"
10. Chandelier - Woops! now turned the right way!
I am big on traditions and like so many was upset when Macy's bought Marshall Fields.It is a real Chicago tradition to shop there and have lunch in the beautiful Walnut Room. Macy's did retain the traditions but doesn't seem the same.
I had a wonderful day and really got me in the Christmas spirit!!
I went on a bus trip to Chicago, IL on 12-3-09 and had a great time! Was wonderful seeing all my favorite old sites and discover new ones. This is a picture of Water Tower Place (upscale shopping mall) located on Michigan Avenue. I was taken through the window of the old Water Tower pumping station which was the only building that survived the Chicago fire.